Saturday, July 9, 2011

0-100km/hr acceleration test + VTEC light

When I saw the youtube vid of Kurt's green machine doing some acceleration tests, my little red monster got jealous and wanted to be on youtube too.  I found a dusty old, isolated service road and decided to see if I could make a decent vid of the lil' bastard pulling a decent run.


Unfortunately, wasn't able to pull off a good performance. One of these days, I'll have to pick up some r-compounds and take it to the track for a proper run.  The tires were breaking loose with every gear change, so I know it can do better.  Also, the clutch just wasn't grabbing at the higher RPMs, and it's a brand new clutch.

Another thing that has never been documented is a neat little feature that Justin and Jay surprised me with when the car was first built - a VTEC indicator light!  Hammer on the throttle and when the needle screams past 4500 rpm, a blaring red light tells you you're in VTEC.  Not that I need to be told the VTEC has kicked in (because the exhaust note changes drasticalluy), but it is a reallly cool feature.  Thanks again boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment