Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hondamatic to an RS....well, the decal anyway.


When Justin and Twyla surprised me with the completed car, they wanted me to get the car as soon as possible, so shortly after I got the car back, Twyla and Justin helped me re-decal my car.  I was debating to leave the car clean of emblems or not, but decided to put them back because I was trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible.


I also polished the nose emblem, however the plastic is so decayed, it's impossible for it to maintain a shine.  I've cutwaxed it, waxed it, and even used tire and trim shine on it, but it always turns white again.  I think maybe the next time I take polishing combpoud to it, I may give it several bursts of clearcoat and polish the clear paint.

Haha, I couldn't wait to put on the "RS" Emblems.  I know, it's a bit ricy because it's not really an RS, but I'm willing to bet this car's faster than any RS ever built.  I sourced the RS emblems from Japan, but was not able to get the orginal 70's decal.  This one came off a later model Honda Civic.

Twyla helping me the Civic lettering so it's not crooked or anything.


Justin used a heat gun to warm up the glue on the double-sided tape

Looks pretty factory right?  Except for the big fart can in the back, my car looked bone stock, right down to the original factory paint code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment