Friday, June 10, 2011

Rebuild - Part 3 - New carpet, wiring, front seats, e-brake cable

Apparently, one of the e-brake cables had seized, which prompted Justin to rip it out and replace it.  To get to it, the carpet had to come out and it turns out that the underpad was still wet from last year and it retained water all duiring this time.  As you can imagine, this did not bode well for the sheet metal that was already a bit scketchy.

Justin and my pal Jay worked pretty ard to get the car solid again, which involved Jay coming in with his welder and reinforcing the floor and body with all kinds of stuff I have no idea.  Anyway, the floor is solid now and should outlast the car.
.
.

I got the carpet out of another first gen, which was way better than the speaker box carpet I was using originally.  Justin also deleted some of the door sill panels which were not only cracked, but just taking up space.
Justin and Jay managed to make a set of 1996 Honda Prelude bucket seats fit, which actually took up less space than my 1991 Integra seats which were falling apart, what's ironic is I used to own a Prelude of that generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment